Care Home Insurance

Care Home Insurance

If you are running a Care home then your priority is to see that your residents or service users are looked after as well as giving your staff the best working conditions possible. Looking after the elderly and vulnerable is a special business and we support Care Home owners who work so hard in providing a safe and secure place for our elderly.

Insurance is a vital part of making sure that your Care Home business is covered against the scenarios that are unlikely to happen but would be catastrophic if they were not insured against.

Employers liability cover is mandatory for all businesses that has employees and so protects both the Care Home and the employee if the employee has an accident whilst working.

Public liability cover protects the residents as well as visitors to your home and the usual level of cover is £5 million although this may be obtained at £10 million depending on local authority contract terms. It is not always necessary to have the higher limit of cover and an insurance broker can usually arrange an increased policy limit at short notice if it is required.

Unfortunately Medical malpractice is an important part of a Care home policy. Malpractice is mo0re often than not accidental and this an inherent risk of caring for a resident where medication and treatments are given. In addition to this Legal Expenses cover can provide financial assistance if a claim is made against you.
Buildings and contents is a key part of a policy for a Care Home and it may also cover residents and guests belongings as well as those of the business and staff.

You may also want to take out a policy that has Business Interruption cover which means that there is recompense if the Care Home cannot operate because of an event outside of your control such as a fire.

At Cascade Insurance Services we have staff who have worked within the Care sector and who understand the specific needs and ways of working of Nursing Homes Care Homes and Retirement Homes. We are happy to help and advise which policy may be best for a specific Care Home or give help in looking at Risk Assessment. You can call us on 01233 512548 or email